Who We Are
3016 BM Rotterdam
T +31 10 205 2370
F +31 10 205 2379
Your Privacy Matters to Us
Whose Personal Data Do We Process?
FIZ advocaten processes the personal data listed below that it has collected for its services or that have been provided by data subjects at their own initiative.
- In principle, we do not collect any personal data from our website. The website, however, enables you to send us e-mails, asking for information, for instance. We collect personal data like your name, your (e-mail) address and other personal details you provide.
- From our clients we collect the data that we need to perform the legal services that are the subject of our agreement. In addition we obtain personal data from the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce or land registry. We also collect information that we need to keep in touch with you, like telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. We furthermore collect our clients’ payment details to handle payments. Lastly, we obtain other personal details from clients and opposing parties when we handle cases.
- From (potential) employees of FIZ we collect personal details that they provide to us as part of application procedures or employment contracts. In addition we receive personal details from public sources like company websites and social media platforms like LinkedIn.
Why Do We Collect Personal Data?
FIZ advocaten processes personal data only for the purposes listed below:
- We collect the personal data you supply, like your name and (e-mail) address to reply to the e-mails you send us through our website. We also collect personal data for marketing activities like sending out newsletters and other types of marketing communication that could be of interest to you.
- We use Google Analytics to make it easier for our clients to find us online. We believe it is important for our website to be as transparent and efficient as possible to make your user experience as smooth as possible.
- We use the data provided by you as our clients to keep in touch with you. We also use those data for the services we provide, such as executing agreements and conducting (legal) proceedings.
- We collect payment details for billing purposes.
- We collect data from you as our client to advise you or for mediation or referral purposes. We collect the contact and other details that we need to handle your case.
- We collect personal data if we are required to do so by law. Examples are our record-keeping duty and obligations under the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wwft). Wwft requires lawyers to collect and record information under certain circumstances. This may include copies of identity documents (passports) of clients or their staff.
- We collect personal data for the purpose of recruiting and selecting staff and for executing employment contracts with FIZ advocaten.
What Is the Basis for Processing Personal Data?
FIZ processes the above personal data only based on the grounds referred to in Article 6 GDPR:
- Compliance with a legal obligation, like Wwft.
- Performance of a contract (to render legal services).
- Consent of the data subject(s).
- Legitimate interests.
Do We Share Personal Data with Third Parties?
FIZ advocaten will share your personal data with third parties only if necessary for its services and on the grounds listed above,. Examples are:
- Third parties that are important to the legal services we provide, such as opposing parties, local counsel, tax advisors, civil law notaries, bailiffs, regulatory instances and government institutions.
- Third parties like regulators and other organisations, so we can comply with our legal obligations.
FIZ advocaten enters into data processing agreements with third parties that process your personal data on our behalf and our instructions. Under these agreements the third parties are also required to comply with the GDPR. Any third parties engaged by FIZ advocaten as controllers are responsible for complying with the GDPR in the (further) processing of your personal data. Such third parties include accountants, civil law notaries, and other third parties engaged to issue second opinions or experts’ reports.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
FIZ advocaten takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unlawful processing. Persons who on FIZ advocaten’s behalf have access to your data or files are bound by confidentiality, under their professional rules or codes of conduct. FIZ applies technological and operational security standards that are common in the industry to protect your personal data against loss, abuse, modifications or destruction. Please contact us if you have any questions about the security of your personal data or if you have evidence of abuse.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
FIZ advocaten retains the personal data it processes for no longer than necessary for the purposes listed above or required by law.
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
You have the right to inspect, rectify, Please contact FIZ if you would like to inspect, correct, transfer, or erase your personal data, restrict or object to processing or withdraw your consent. Send a request to FIZ advocaten at the address above. FIZ advocaten seeks to assess whether the request is justified within four weeks of receipt. Within four weeks FIZ advocaten will let you know its decision. If your request is not granted, you can file an objection with FIZ advocaten or file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Further to a request FIZ advocaten may ask for additional information to verify the applicant’s identity.
Under circumstances FIZ advocaten cannot (fully) comply with the requests of data subjects, for instance because of client confidentiality or legal retention periods.
To ensure that we disclose personal data to the right person we ask you to provide us with a copy of a valid passport, driving licence or ID card, with your photo and BSN number covered. FIZ advocaten only takes requests under consideration that concern the applicant’s own personal data.
Does FIZ Use Social Media?
Our website may contain buttons to promote other websites or social share buttons like LinkedIn. These buttons only work with codes from these third-party network that are used to place cookies. FIZ advocaten has no control over this and is not responsible for such third-party websites. If you would like to know how they process your personal data, you should read their privacy and cookie policies on a regular basis.
How Do We Use Statistics and Cookies?
FIZ advocaten stores user data of its website for statistic purpose. The personal data thus collected are anonymous and are not sold by FIZ advocaten to third parties.
FIZ advocaten’s website can use Google Analytics cookies, basically to track user behaviour and general trends and to make reports. This helps us improve the functionality of the website. Google may provide this information to third parties if required by law or if third parties process those data on Google’s behalf. By using FIZ advocaten’s website you consent to the processing of information by Google in the way and for the purposes described here. Cookies can be placed also if you use buttons and/or third-party links, as described under ‘social media’. FIZ advocaten has no control over the placing and use by third parties of cookies.
The Dutch Authority for Consumers and Markets explains on its website (https://www.consuwijzer.nl/telecom-post/internet/privacy/uitleg-cookies) exactly what cookies are and how you can disable or remove cookies.